MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vienna theme header sprites.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the Vienna theme and I'm trying to change the icon sprites.

The global.css code looks like this:
#header ul.menu {
	margin: 0;
	padding: 0;
	list-style: none;
}

#header ul.menu li {
	margin: 0 7px;
	display: inline;
}

#header ul.menu li a {
	padding-left: 20px;
	background-image: url(images/headerlinks_sprite.png);
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	display: inline-block;
}

And the header template like this:
<div class="menu" style="margin-top: 0px;">
    <ul>
<li id="nav-portal"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i> Home</a></li>

<li id="nav-forums"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-globe fa-fw"></i> Forums</a></li>

<li id="nav-search"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-search fa-fw"></i> Search</a></li>

<li id="nav-member"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-user fa-fw"></i> Members</a></li>

<li id="nav-calendar"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-calendar fa-fw"></i> Calendar</a></li>

<li id="nav-help"> <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help"><i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-life-ring fa-fw"></i> Help</a></li>
   <ul>
</div>

The weird thing is that the "headerlinks_sprite.png" is the default MyBB sprites image while the theme doesn't use these sprite icons.

Any help?
Seems that the template isn't using icon sprites that provides MyBB, but use the CSS Framework Font Awesome.
Icons are manageable by i tag present in the header template.

<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i>

<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-globe fa-fw"></i>

etc.
Do I need to install Font Awesome then to edit them?

Found it! Thanks.

(2015-05-07, 08:50 PM)Mipher Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that the template isn't using icon sprites that provides MyBB, but use the CSS Framework Font Awesome.
Icons are manageable by i tag present in the header template.

<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-home fa-fw"></i>

<i style="font-size: 14px;" class="fa fa-globe fa-fw"></i>

etc.

Is this red "box" that says "0" the same thing?
[Image: bLTfY5Z.png?1]

The code from the welcomeblock template:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">
 <font color="#fff"><i style="font-size: 16px;" class="fa fa-envelope-o"></i></font></a> 
 <a class="inbox" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php" id="pm_notification" title="Private Messages">{$mybb->user['pms_unread']}</a>
No, the red box is a css customization. Try to search the identifier #pm_notification in the global.css or in any other global stylesheet.