MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why was the downloads removed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was nice to be able to come here for all of my Mybb needs instead of having to go to outside sources to get themes etc of which a number of them require you to have so many posts on thier sites just to views the themes.
Any chance of getting the downloads section back here on the main and official site here?

Thanks.
Are you talking about individual members keeping their themes on their sites? Well, it's up to them whether they do that or submit them here or on the mods.mybboard.com site. No one can make anyone post their stuff here if they don't want to! Big Grin
judel Wrote:Are you talking about individual members keeping their themes on their sites? Well, it's up to them whether they do that or submit them here or on the mods.mybboard.com site.  No one can make anyone post their stuff here if they don't want to!  Big Grin

No...Mybb removed the stuff in downloads section. Well except for the updates and such related to the forum software.  Was nice to have it all here. So basically now people pretty much have to use a outside source to showcase thier mybb themes and mods and ofcourse all Mybb users are forced to go elsewhere to view and or download them as well.

I would think it would be a benifit for the site and project as a whole to have it all here atleast as a option as most others do. JMHO
It is one of a VERY FEW perks of even phpbb and others like IPB having it all there and not forcing users to go elsewhere.
I don't ever remember a downloads section here.

HarryWx Wrote:So basically now people pretty much have to use a outside source to showcase thier mybb themes and mods and ofcourse all Mybb users are forced to go elsewhere to view and or download them as well.

When you say 'forced' are you saying its a bad thing to type a simple url into your browser to view modifications/themes hosted at another site?
Also, how do you mean people are forced to use an outside source to showcase their MyBB themes and mods? We have a Showcase forum AND a Code Modifications forum
Tikitiki Wrote:I don't ever remember a downloads section here.

HarryWx Wrote:So basically now people pretty much have to use a outside source to showcase thier mybb themes and mods and ofcourse all Mybb users are forced to go elsewhere to view and or download them as well.

When you say 'forced' are you saying its a bad thing to type a simple url into your browser to view modifications/themes hosted at another site?

No. I am saying it is bad for THIS SITE/Project not to have one and forcing the users of it's product to go elsewhere offsite to get the little extras.
You gonna tell me that it is a bad thing to have every possible thing related to this software here on the mainsite?

My point is why not have the option available here on this mainsite as i believe it would help to garner more intrest in this project. If people are serious about helping this project along then they wont have a problem showcasing thier stuff here. Either way i think it would greatly benifit this as a whole to have this option here on the mainsite. And dont get me wrong I greatly appreciate what the developers and everyone else does here.

Again it would be nice to have that all here vs having to go and register and even post elsewhere for everything. The people who run this should be encouraging everyone to use this site etc for that stuff as it is thier product and will help this project as it would naturally garner more intrest. I can tell you now that before coming here i passed up a good number of places because it basically looked like there was no intrest in the project/software because they had no downloads or anything else and ofcourse hardly a soul online. Having that stuff lets people know there is a intrest in this and it keeps the activity up on this forum as well which again helps out the cause.

Sorry if this bothers anyone but i for one wanna see this project/product continue on and attract more intrest as i believe it will help me and everyone else who uses this software which is the best that i have used so far.

Oh and pardon me as well. I thought there was a downloads section here. Anyways it would be nice to have one.
Please note that we do not force users to use an outside source to showcase their MyBB themes and mods. We have a Showcase forum AND a Code Modifications forum right here. You also do not need to sign up to download themes or mods.

I might also add, that there are future plans for the mods site, which I will not reveal at this time.
Tikitiki Wrote:I might also add, that there are future plans for the mods site, which I will not reveal at this time.
Now that is just teasing! Toungue
Tikitiki Wrote:Please note that we do not force users to use an outside source to showcase their MyBB themes and mods. We have a Showcase forum AND a Code Modifications forum right here. You also do not need to sign up to download themes or mods.

I might also add, that there are future plans for the mods site, which I will not reveal at this time.

Thanks for the kind replies. That is very good news btw.