MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing MyBB on DigitalOcean = problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I would like to install Mybb on DigitalOcean using this TUTORIAL

But at the STEP: unzip mybb.zip I got stuck with this error

Archive: mybb.zip

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive. unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of mybb.zip or mybb.zip.zip, and cannot find mybb.zip.ZIP, period.

Could anybody help me? Sorry for my basic english.

Thanks!
try downloading MyBB pack again & using it
(2015-05-09, 03:05 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]try downloading MyBB pack again & using it

Thank you so much for the speedy reply.

Now, there is no image verification.
Also, this error occurs when I try to register a new user

The image verification code that you entered was incorrect. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.

.m. Wrote: Wrote:admin panel >> templates >> your forum's default theme templates >> Member Templates >> member_register

do you see {$regimage} after {$referrer}

Yes
^ can we have your forum url so that someone can check it ..
Is the PHP GD extension installed?
(2015-05-09, 03:57 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ can we have your forum url so that someone can check it ..

EDIT FORUM

(2015-05-09, 07:35 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Is the PHP GD extension installed?

My droplet, 12.04.5 x64

sudo apt-get install php5-gd

Amazin, now it works !!! thanks x 1000 both
mywebsite.com/forum works fine,  but i want that the users can acces by mywebsite.com directly to the forum (without the /forum)

how can i make it?
thanks in advance for your attention
Did you upload the files into a forum directory? If so, you'll have to move them out of that directory.

Alternatively, edit your virtual host config in apache to point the document root to the /forums/directory. Either way, you will also need to update the forum URL, which can be done by editing the inc/settings.php file.
(2015-05-10, 06:54 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Did you upload the files into a forum directory? If so, you'll have to move them out of that directory.

Alternatively, edit your virtual host config in apache to point the document root to the /forums/directory. Either way, you will also need to update the forum URL, which can be done by editing the inc/settings.php file.

Simple drag de forum carpet and drop it inside the www carpet? 
Yes, and update the URL in inc/settings.php then in the ACP.