MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: better error/no permission pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in the mybb 1.X series, the error/no permission pages were way too vague. hopefully there will be greater control over these pages in the 2.0 product.

Smile
What kind of 'control' are you looking for?
(2015-05-10, 08:31 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of 'control' are you looking for?

something to maybe assign different error pages to different things.  this is the most vague error page:

[attachment=34259]
I would say we need to change it in the following ways:

- Do not use the generic "no permissions" page if the issue is simply that the user is not logged in.
- Same as above, but if the user is simply not activated (has not confirmed via email, or whichever other method is enabled).
- Allow the page to be customised via templates (already possible IRC).
- Allow the specifying of a way to question why the user does not have access (e.g.: allow the selecting of a forum for questions/support in the ACP).
(2015-05-10, 09:10 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I would say we need to change it in the following ways:

- Do not use the generic "no permissions" page if the issue is simply that the user is not logged in.
- Same as above, but if the user is simply not activated (has not confirmed via email, or whichever other method is enabled).
- Allow the specifying of a way to question why the user does not have access (e.g.: allow the selecting of a forum for questions/support in the ACP).

thanks for chiming in with more technical aspects for it.  my suggestion certainly lacked that.   Big Grin
(2015-05-10, 09:10 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]I would say we need to change it in the following ways:

Agreed on all points, sounds good.
Actually a lot of this of already possible in 2.0 Wink
(2015-05-11, 06:27 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Actually a lot of this of already possible in 2.0 Wink

that's good to hear.   Cool
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!