MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automate split post and move to trash forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I realize there is a tool for deleted posts to be moved to a Trash Forum.  But I don't want all posts to be deleted and I also don't want to have to double delete posts I don't want.  

In other words is there a plugin for moving posts to the Trash Forum in one step.  Basically automating the following in one simple "move post to trashcan" tool:

1. First click on the box of the individual post
2. Then click on the Inline Moderation scroll down to find the "split post" category
3. Then remember to click on "GO"
4. Then click on a scroll down to find the Trash Can Forum
5. Then move the post to the Trash Can Forum

Very difficult to teach new Mods to do the above as not too user-friendly.  So would like just one Mod Tool attached to the posts where when one clicks on it the individual post (not the thread) is moved straight to the Trash Forum in one click.
you can try using the Custom Mod tools...

ACP >> Configuration >> Moderator Tools >> Add Post Tool

Name: Trash
Short Description: Move to trash
Available to groups: Select all the staff groups
Show Confirmation Page: NO

Under Split Posts
Split posts? - Select your trash forum and Save it..

now under "Inline Post Moderation" you will have a new option Trash, selecting it will split the post from that thread and move it to the trash forum in one click
Thanks very much.  That's an excellent suggestion.  Only thing is I don't get an option for Groups, the option is for Forums.  If it is a Moderation Tool however that would only be visible to the Moderator and Admin Groups by default though, wouldn't it?

Wait a minute.  Looks as though it is moving the whole thread instead of splitting and then moving the post only.
(2015-05-11, 06:24 PM)hellsing Wrote: [ -> ]1. Only thing is I don't get an option for Groups, the option is for Forums.

2. If it is a Moderation Tool however that would only be visible to the Moderator and Admin Groups by default though, wouldn't it?

3. Wait a minute.  Looks as though it is moving the whole thread instead of splitting and then moving the post only.

1. you will have option for both groups and forums

2. no. you can set which groups will see this custom tool

3. i just checked it, only the selected posts are trashed. can you share a screenshot of the settings of the custom tool.