MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Center - Last Report/Reporter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The general listing shows in the "Last Report" column who did the last report (the reason on the other hand seems to be the one of the first report), however the "All Report" listing only shows the first report. Not sure how the reports are saved in the database, but ideal would be to show the data of the last report everywhere and make the "# of reports" column clickable with a popup with all reports and their reason.
Hi,

I thought about that some time ago, too. The problem is - the first report of s.th. creates a db entry with reason etc. All other reports just increase a counter. So this would require some quite big changes...
Yeah, I would definitely like to be able to see all reports together. Perhaps have each report saved separately, but with a parent_report_id column, if there's already a report for a piece of content? Would be a fairly major change for a minor point release though.
(2015-05-11, 10:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I would definitely like to be able to see all reports together. Perhaps have each report saved separately, but with a parent_report_id column, if there's already a report for a piece of content? Would be a fairly major change for a minor point release though.
Why use a column parent_report_id? The first report has the lowest timestamp and the id of the reported element is the same for each report of the same thing... 
Yes, that would also work. I haven't looked at the database structure. Having the parent_id would make querying a lot easier though, especially if the report centre is paginated (which I can't remember if it is or not).
Most likely it is paginated^^
Sure, the parent_id would make querying the easier, but creating the report more complex... To ensure that for each each item there is at most one report without parent_id, transactions would be required (concurrency).

But I think this whole discussion is useless at this point, because like you said it would be a fairly major change for a minor release...