MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How are permissions used by the forum from groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I have alot of usergroups on my forum that I use as purely decorative/informative secondary groups, and so I would like to remove all the permissions from these groups. So I would like to know how the permissions work, do they come off of the group that is set as primary, or is it done in another way?

-TryHardSnipr
If a user is in groups A, B and C and groups A and B don't have permissions to do something, but group C has, the user has permission to do it. So ticked permission in one group should override unticked permissions in other groups.
Thanks for the help Destroy, I had a feeling it may be something like that, but it's always good to check. Smile
see also permission viewer plugin which might be helpful ..
Would like to elaborate on this a little bit more, in terms of numbered permissions (say, max emails, max recipients) do these permissions take from the group with the highest number (would it take 1 over 0), or the group with the highest permissions (would it take 5 over 1 because it gives the user more permission in that field)?

EDIT: Nevermind, ignore this, seems like it prioritizes the group with the highest permission.