MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index layouts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been away from mybb for a long time. Just recently installed 1.8 and the Vienna theme which I really like.

I've noticed many themes change the columns on the index page or remove some. For example, the default mybb theme has:

Forums Threads Posts Last Posts

While the Vienna theme has a completely different column layout with much of the above missing. I hope someone can understand what I am on about?

Is it a big task to add these columns to the Vienna theme so that the Index page of the forum has similar information to that of the default theme?

Sorry for the poor explanation, I am not good at this.

Thank you.
You can reset them back to default if you want the vanilla layout.

Templates > Vienna > Forum Bit Templates > Revert these

forumbit_depth1_cat
forumbit_depth2_cat
forumbit_depth2_forum
forumbit_depth2_forum_lastpost
Thanks for that, worked perfect. It has removed the read/unread icons, would I need to upload a read and unread icon and add this to the template?
Templates > Vienna > forumbit_depth2_forum and forumbit_depth2_cat

Replace this line

<span class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"></span>

With this

<div class="hide forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-quote-right"></i></div>
Fantastc, thank you.

What a great help you have been.