MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should be default in MyBB 2.0 - up to date gender identification list instead of sex
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made a list of gender identifications so you can copy paste it easily. While not important for most, I feel that 'sex' for gender is rather limiting. Too limiting for some. So for once I'll follow Facebook's example and I composed this list. If one of the nuances is wrongly put here, please let us know and I'll adjust accordingly.

Title:
Gender orientation

Short Description:
Please select your gender identification from the list below

Field type: Select box

Undisclosed
Female
Male
Other
Closeted Gender
Agender
Androgyne/Androgynous
Bigender
Cross-dressing
Cis Female
Cis Male
Transsexual Woman
Transsexual Man
Male to Female/MTF
Female to Male/FTM
Transgender Trans Woman
Transgender Trans Man
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary Gender
Pangender
Transmasculine
Transfeminine
Two-spirit
Gender Advocate
Gender Ally

Go to Admin CP's Home » Configuration » Custom Profile Fields » Edit Profile Field and copy paste above list...

Peace to all!

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
as you said, gender identification is not important for general discussion forums.
if required administrator of a forum can easily add required custom profile fields
We will be staying with our current system of Male/Female/Other. Adding a multitude of gender identities will open the door to wanting more and more, and as there is a nearly endless number of what people seem to identify as we want to limit the bloating and keep it simple. As .m. stated, additional profile fields are very easily addable.
Smile clear. I did my part ;p

Peace!

Devvie