MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Tables are messed up !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi !!

I have my myBB 1.8 forum www.lgk-clan.com everything looks perfect for me and some of my friends but not for everyone.

Some people complained that tables are messed up, and then I decided to check it out myself , so what I did is I connected my PC to my 42" TV HDMI , and then i realized that all forum tables are messed up.

By messed up I mean they are not in order, if you ZOOM IN or OUT the web browser PAGE in forum, the tables will messed up ( will go in or under each other ) ... Other people with other PC screen size complained as well ...

So, what is my best option to make all my forum tables " FIT IN SCREEN " or " Fit for all screens " in this case ? Please help !!

And if you check that website with other browser as FIREFOX , you will realize that tables are messed up....

Only Chrome seems to work on my forum ...

www.lgk-clan.com
Can someone please give some help? Would really appreciate it, tables are messes up on different kind of screen sizes, or different browsers Sad , since they should look same everywhere on other mybb versions there is no problem like that but can some help us fix this issue on www.LgK-ClaN.CoM with tables that are messed up, on mybb version 1.8, what we are asking for is help us make all tables perfect for everyone, on some screens forum tables are messed up, on my chrome tables are perfect, but on other browsers it is messed up, and when I use my notebook it's messed up on everybrowser and same on my friends big screen PC, so on most of the different browsers and different screen sizes the tables are messed up Sad

Thanks.
well 
this is not a responsive design, and that is what you are looking for
for this to work for all screen sizes you will need a responsive one 
thats my guess Wink
So , no help from staff or moderators ?? Or at least any ideas what should we do to fix that issue ?
If you dont want to change theme but fix it "as is", first you should understand "whats goin on".

Staight to the point without much talking - you have there very wide banners. They fits within tables when screen resolution is high enought however when resolution is smaler they no more fits (are too big) therefore they pushing apart tables. - You may remove them, make them smaller or dynamicaly resize them using responsive CSS for certain resolutions. Eg. for 1280 they could be X wide, for 1024 screen width they could be Y wide for 640 screen width could be Z width.

You can resize them ading this to global.css at the end of file
I assume you Know how to change global.css, how to read and modify example below to fit your needs.
You have to change these 12345 manualy, also these resolutions like 800, 1024, 1280 ect, You can also add more resolutions ect.

.smalltext img {
    max-width: 12345px; /* change 12345 to fit your image width */
}
@media all and (min-width: 800px) {
    .smalltext img {
    }
}
@media all and (min-width: 1024px) {
    .smalltext img {
    }
}
@media all and (min-width: 1280px) {
    .smalltext img {
    }
}
Ok , I see , well this helped a lil' bit , but the MAIN problem was at our BACKGROUND logo , as soon as we changed that logo everything came back to normal , thanks a lot !! Im switching this to SOLVED , since we have Solved our problem !!
@avril I still need with that Tables messed up , http://community.mybb.com/thread-170631.html

my forum still has problems bro, well when we changed background it helped a bit but i see the problem again, when people post alot stuff messes up. I need your help i didnt understand your post, so idk what to do bro please help.

I really need your help.
Thanks

ON my IPAD 4 GEN i still have this problem. Even tho i added the code u gave me. It fixed some screens but not my IPAD and some more devices! I even used your code it messed many of my stuff up in forums Sad for all PCS/IPADS
Can someone HELP Please?, i am waiting for weeks with no help. Please someone help me!
redbotz, was just looking for about 3 sec on your side, guess you have a lot of work to do. But I am a fan of bootstrap codes, that will take care off so many things for you. Scale logo, scale pic, tables and so on, but you would have to hardcode this codes in your forum,,, or find a theme that is build on bootstrap, and make the changes you need from there.

Your side can then for example have 4 columns at big screen, and 1 col on small mobile phones,,,bootstrap is not a hard code to learn, and there are many tutorials on the net (not that many for bootstrap with mybb, but the system talk for it self)
Nice bootstrap theme here : http://damnfineshave.com/