MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forum: www.VPFL.club

When u go to sign in the loginbox which appears is very faint and it doesn't allow you to click anywhere or it closes. Can anyone help me with a fix to make it a solid box again as some people can't login with it. Especially on a mobile.
(2015-05-15, 03:03 AM)danzoooo Wrote: [ -> ]On my forum: www.VPFL.club

When u go to sign in the loginbox which appears is very faint and it doesn't allow you to click anywhere or it closes. Can anyone help me with a fix to make it a solid box again as some people can't login with it. Especially on a mobile.

Wrong board! You should post that in the correct board, next time <: In the meantime, you can comment out the code which makes the box/effects to appear and make the 'Sign In' link redirect to the actual login page for your forum. 
Why is it wrong board? It's a site issue I'm having that is stopping people logging in and registering so does that not fall under support?
(2015-05-15, 04:23 PM)danzoooo Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it wrong board? It's a site issue I'm having that is stopping people logging in and registering so does that not fall under support?

Theme issue, not site issue. There's some fault in your CSS/HTML code which rends your login box unable to be used for logging in. Unless you can't even login through using the normal method (right click 'Sign In', open in new tab) to log in (or while logging in some error pops up), then only will your help request be valid in this section. Smile

EDIT: Hope I clarified things, not trying to cause an argument here! 
Actually VinceL, I would say this is the correct board, as you stated in the above post it's a theme issue, not site issue. danzoooo is asking for help with a theme problem, within the theme support section, even if it was the wrong section, I don't think that the 'requests / services / jobs' section is a much better place, although maybe i'm misunderstanding why you think this is the wrong place for him to post.

Anyway, the method VinceL supplied should work as a temporary method until something better comes up, you can change the login link in the HEADER_WELCOMEBLOCK_GUEST template found under the header templates catagory, then do what's shown below.

Find this code or something similar within the template:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=login" onclick="$('#quick_login').modal({ fadeDuration: 250, keepelement: true }); return false;" class="login">
and then remove/comment out this code from it:
onclick="$('#quick_login').modal({ fadeDuration: 250, keepelement: true }); return false;"

that should then just link the sign in button straight to a sign in page instead of showing a modal window.
Thanks, Did this as its easier than having people not being able to sign in.