MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to hide subfolder of instal in URL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I currently have my instal of mybb 1.8 installed to a subfolder.

example.com/mybb/

What I am looking to do is hide the mybb/ folder from all links in the URL so when I go to example.com/ it loads the mybb instal without showing the subfolder. To my knowledge this needs to be done in htaccess.txt but I have not had any success in accomplishing this. Can anyone help me out with the steps needed to make this work?

All of the general guides I have found have not worked for mybb.

Thanks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/mybb/(.*)$ http://www.mysite.com/$1 [L,R=301]

Make a .htaccess and put this content in it.
Didn't work I was able to get it addressed by changing my web directory setting in my host provider.
Whats the link of you're forum or site?

Also I don't what you mean by removing /mybb link because thats where all your main files forum belongs... if you want to remove that link /mybb then why not move files on your FTP to your main directory? Toungue
I believe he resolved this by contacting his host and have them change his DocumentRoot for his domain.
(2015-05-16, 08:17 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]I believe he resolved this by contacting his host and have them change his DocumentRoot for his domain.

Sort of my webhost allows me to make that change in their cp.