MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to Edit Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just upgraded from 1.6.16 to 1.8.04 and I cannot change the Template within ACP (Options button not functioning). According to previous threads from others that had similar issues I have to reconfigure the headerinclude on the template. So that load jQuery.js should be loaded and minified jQuery should be removed as well the prototype java script.

However, I cannot edit the headerinclude at all. Is there a workaround to edit this headerinclude? Please help.

Thank you.
what happens when you try modifying headerinclude template ? can we have your forum url ..
That's the issue, it displays the headerinclude but I cannot edit anywhere within the edit box. My forum is mygamerforum.com.
^ you can try installing & using a theme fully compatible with MyBB 1.8.x
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
I did try installing/importing new theme, but the OPTION button is not functioning as I mentioned in the original post. I cannot change the theme at all. I can do other things in ACP with no problem. It's just that I cannot change theme and edit the headerinclude.
Try clearing your cache or try a different browser.

If still doesn't work you may need to backup you're Database then re-install the forum board again I'm not 100% sure though.
(2015-05-15, 02:35 PM)Limited Edition Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing your cache or try a different browser.

If still doesn't work you may need to backup you're Database then re-install the forum board again I'm not 100% sure though.

I can now edit headerinclude template. The prior issue was due to Cloudfare. Once I disabled it, I can edit. However, the OPTION button is still not functioning.

I clear the cache, different browser, and different computers already.

Is re-installing the forum the only option?
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check the issue
About the headerinclude issue.. 

[Image: fd2dQpd.png]

And also about changing the default theme.. you can access your MySQL database, go to the yourtableprefix_themes table, and adjust your settings accordingly (change the 'def' row of Default to 0, and set your custom theme's 'def' to 1)

[Image: 4Q5zOMv.png]

Sadly, what I've tried to provide is just a manual(?) workaround, so keep in mind, don't mess anything up! 

EDIT: Didn't notice that you fixed the headerinclude issue, my bad e_e
When i had this issue there wasn't anyway of fixing it even though I've tried many times all i did was kept a backup of my Database then re-installed the forum board again. It then worked fine for me! But maybe theres other ways of fixing this issue if not then I guess you have to take the long route Big Grin
Pages: 1 2