MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error after uploading MySQL in MyPHPAdmin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm transferring to another host, and now I'm importing MySQL in the MyPHPAdmin. But I got this error #1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'

[Image: mybberror_zpslckq8zjm.png]

I have no idea what's wrong with this.
This might help you idk...

(2011-04-05, 11:34 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The problem you have is you are installing the forum, then importing the old database using phpmyadmin. When you install a forum it inserts the default values, when you then import the old database on top of it it finds duplicate entries (default install + old database values)

In order to properly import it you'd have to use the merge system.

If you want to import it using phpmyadmin then you'll have to import it without installing the forum and manually edit the config file with the new values but that will lead you to the same problem you had before since its the same old database. You can edit the database to give admincp permission to te admins you edited though.
Follow what Limited Edition quoted, it happens when you're placing fresh bread over rotten bread Smile
Thanks for the responses. I am actually doing the Merge system right now. If this fails, I would do what Limited Edition posted.
(2015-05-15, 02:55 PM)Gwapito Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the responses. I am actually doing the Merge system right now. If this fails, I would do what Limited Edition posted.

Let me know if it works Smile
(2015-05-15, 02:42 PM)Limited Edition Wrote: [ -> ]This might help you idk...

(2011-04-05, 11:34 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]The problem you have is you are installing the forum, then importing the old database using phpmyadmin. When you install a forum it inserts the default values, when you then import the old database on top of it it finds duplicate entries (default install + old database values)

In order to properly import it you'd have to use the merge system.

If you want to import it using phpmyadmin then you'll have to import it without installing the forum and manually edit the config file with the new values but that will lead you to the same problem you had before since its the same old database. You can edit the database to give admincp permission to te admins you edited though.

In red text means I will upload/import the MySQL first in PHPMyAdmin, then install the MyBB forum?
I guess that's what it saying...

Import it without installing you're forum board.. Try that!
I did the import in PHPMyAdmin, and yes it works, but has errors though. I did the Merge to upgrade it, but I got an error. I think it's Softacolous error or bug.

http://azkals.com/forum/index.php
^ run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)

And exactly which version of MyBB you are using now?
if it is 1.8.x then you have to use its compatible theme
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes
But I might just used it to convert it to another forum software. I like MyBB, but my site and its posts is no longer as visible in Google when I used MyBB.

(2015-05-16, 05:27 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ run file verification tool available at tools & maintenance section of admin panel to find missing / changed files.
ignore files reported from install folder & its subfolders. you have to replace reported files from MyBB source files
pack
of your forum's version. (if you are using Google SEO plugin then do not replace ~/inc/functions.php file)

And exactly which version of MyBB you are using now?
if it is 1.8.x then you have to use its compatible theme
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?actio...ory=themes

I am using the latest version now. My database still used probably 1.6.XX.
Pages: 1 2