MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MacBook Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a MacBook Pro 13.3 Inch edition with Retina Display, and want some opinions from those that have a MacBook. My main reason for purchasing a MacBook is web development and graphic design as well as work.
Personal choice. There are no benefits to using Windows over Mac or vise versa for web development and graphic design. If you are aware of any, please let me know.

I have a 13 inch 2012 Macbook Air and it really doesn't make much of a difference to my W8 Pro desktop, besides the superior mouse. The trackpad is horrendous for anything besides web scrolling.
Quote:There are no benefits to using Windows over Mac or vise versa for web development and graphic design. If you are aware of any, please let me know.

There are some really nice mac specific apps for design, such as Sketch 3 and Pixelmator which aren't available for Windows. Additionally, Homebrew for Mac makes managing packages (such as compilers and command line tools) much easier. I know there are a few package managers for Windows, but I've yet to find one stable and fast enough for my needs.
My personal experience votes for Mac Book.. I'm pretty happy with its performance as compare to windows.
I have both a macbook pro and a gaming PC. I love working using my MBP but hate gaming on it and vice-versa.
I have a MacBook I use for development, and a Windows machine I use to RDP into another Windows machine to manage the network of servers that AN runs off. I prefer Mac for development. By a long shot.