MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpfreechat and mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting
Warning: pfc_mybb_chat(/phpfreechat-0.9.3/src/phpfreechat.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/e/l/o/elodge4/html/forums/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 431

Fatal error: pfc_mybb_chat(): Failed opening required '/phpfreechat-0.9.3/src/phpfreechat.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/e/l/o/elodge4/html/forums/inc/plugins/pfc_mybb.php on line 431

when I activate the plugin for linking phpfreechat and mybb, does anyone know what this means?
chmod the file to 666 or 777.
rcpalace Wrote:chmod the file to 666 or 777.

did not work
In 'Modify Settings' of your PHPfreechat integration settings you'll see 'Enter the path to the phpfreechat root directory'. It's probably starts /var/www/chat - change this to something like /home/content/e/l/o/elodge4/html/forums (wherever your phpfreechat files are)

hope this helps
ok, thanks, that works. My problem is that I would like to allow guests to post. But when I enable that it promps for a nickname. Is there a way to make it default to guest?
That's built into the phpfreechat software. You would have to ask on their forum...though having them type in something is better than having a bunch of guests with numbers..isn't it?
its too much of a hassle to have them type in nicknames, especially because that chat is suposed to be anonymous. Has anyone used the plugin and know how to do this?
Well, like I said...if you want to go against what the basic software does, you need to ask on the phpfreechat web site, since no one here has any knowledge of that! But to say that someone should HAVE to use the guestnumber signon instead of having to type in a name (even a made up one), then yeah, you are expecting someone to rewrite the code...and that would have nothing to do with anyone here!