MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Notification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Neither I or my subscribers are receiving any email notifications of posts in the forum I have noticed the following error when a reply to a thread is posted.  Can you help?

The version I am using is : PHP version: 4.4.4

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 553 sorry, that domain isn't allowed to be relayed thru this MTA (#5.7.1) in D:\hshome\racey7\my.domain.co.uk\forum\inc\functions.php on line 188
Contact your server administrators in this regard.
Ok I checked with my server admin and they corrected something as I am not getting the above message anymore. However, I still have a problem. Although I am subscribed to both a thread and a forum. I am still not receiving email notifications of posts.

I can if I click on the 'Email' Icon email myself from the forum. Which I was able to do before successfully. So it looks like its not a server issue?

Any ideas?
Sorry I just double checked with a subscriber and I am receiving email confirmations from posts they make. I am not however, receiving copies of replys and posts I make in the forum. This might be a silly question, but does MyBB send you email notification of your own posts when you are subscribed to both thread and forum?
Forum subscriptions only send emails when there are new threads (not replies to threads).

You won't get email notification of your own posts. (Why do you need to be notified that you've posted there? It doesn't make sense).
Thanks for the reply Dennis - everything is working fine.

Cheers