MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I have no ability to delete groups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After merging from IPS 4.0 to MyBB 1.8.

I noticed that it would make two empty groups, i do not care about this. So I want to delete these two groups, however there are no option to do so?

[Image: rCykKff.png]

How could I do this? I know that there are certain members in this group, but I guess if i delete them via AdminCP, they'll be put back automatically. Buuuuuuuuut, there are no option to delete the group.
Run the following query and post all the results:
SELECT * FROM mybb_usergroups
I renamed the empty group some how, but still no delete option.

I am using phpmyadmin, i got the sql file.. <- snip ->

(I named them test and test2)
Go into phpMyAdmin go to the table called "mybb_users" click search and find the users where usergroup or additionalgroups is = 8 and set their user group to 2 and do the same for group id 9.

Then delete the groups in phpMyAdmin and AUTO_INCREMENT to 7
(2015-05-17, 05:26 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]Go into phpMyAdmin go to the table called "mybb_users" click search and find the users where usergroup or additionalgroups is = 8 and set their user group to 2 and do the same for group id 9.

Then delete the groups in phpMyAdmin and AUTO_INCREMENT to 7

Thank you.

I deleted the groups + set everyone to 2 (members).

I do not understand "AUTO_INCREMENT to 7" though.

Options was restored also: http://i.imgur.com/iF0VGQb.png

ok, i added a new group and it broke again (no edit).. guess its that AUTO_INCREMENT needed ?
Add another usergroup and show me again.
(2015-05-17, 05:46 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]Add another usergroup and show me again.

https://mega.co.nz/#!yQInFaYR!YXnJ7cQBIo...mfeLWnAajo

Here you go, thank you so much btw.

The new group is "Media Team". After adding this, the options were gone again.
Have you changed any core files or installed any plugins? I'll go look through the MyBB Source code now and look to see if I can work out why.
(2015-05-17, 06:03 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]Have you changed any core files or installed any plugins? I'll go look through the MyBB Source code now and look to see if I can work out why.

No I have not.

1.) I installed MyBB.
2.) I imported all users & groups from IPS 4.0.5.1
3.) I rebuilt, cache and recounted all that.

That's about it.
I think I might have found the issue, go into the mybb_usergroups and set the disporder for each usergroup from 1-8 that make sense?

So example disporder for Administrators is 4
Pages: 1 2