MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change Nickname
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone point me in the right direction on how I prevent the change of nickname requiring a password?

I don't want users to have to type their password when they change their username.
To my knowledge this would require some core file changes which would then be reverted every time you update MyBB! Personally I think it's quite a nice security feature, because if you someone changes your username with you knowing, then you won't be able to recover your account.
(05-17-2015, 06:39 PM)Jack.D Wrote: [ -> ]To my knowledge this would require some core file changes which would then be reverted every time you update MyBB! Personally I think it's quite a nice security feature, because if you someone changes your username with you knowing, then you won't be able to recover your account.

This here. It's a security mechanism which shouldn't be removed but it can be done via editing core files.