MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Staging Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently inherited a MyBB site running 1.8.3 and was wanting to create a staging environment for testing purposes via the use of a subdomain.  I figure this would be a better way to test updates prior to making changes to the live environment.  

Can someone help guide me as to what I would need to do in order to get a copy of the MyBB working as a separate subdomain?  I'd imagine I would make a copy of the existing database and give it a new name.  Do I then go into a config file and change the database name and location that MyBB references?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks.
you have to copy files and the database.

change database connection details in ~/inc/config.php file of the experimenting MyBB forum system

also put correct board url & cookie settings first in
~/inc/settings.php file of the experimenting MyBB forum system
and then at site details of the settings at the forum admin panel

more details on cookie settings
(2015-05-18, 06:03 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you have to copy files and the database.

change database connection details in ~/inc/config.php file of the experimenting MyBB forum system

also put correct board url & cookie settings first in
~/inc/settings.php file of the experimenting MyBB forum system
and then at site details of the settings at the forum admin panel

more details on cookie settings

Thanks for the info!
I have created a plugin to allow staging your site with subdomains without having to duplicate the database. It is still in the approval process, but here is where it will be after it gets approved: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=840
(2016-11-02, 10:28 PM)kloddant Wrote: [ -> ]I have created a plugin to allow staging your site with subdomains without having to duplicate the database.

Oh finally!