MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fitting myBB into an existing website template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys! I've recently installed myBB onto my existing website (I'm not sure about rules of posting URLs, so I won't be posting the link, but rather images and snippets of the code).

The base layout of the website is this;
[Image: a684a00b78.png]

(The long "border" line similar to the one on this website is just to give myself a visual representation where I want the forum placed).

I wish to implement my myBB into the website in a similar manner to how it is implemented on this website. I will, of course have to create a template that matches with my site, but before that, I need to edit the code. 
Being relatively green with coding, I need some help!

In short, I need to know which files need to be edited in order to implement it (I read somewhere "header," but I can't quite find out what lines have to be edited, or if it's the right file at all)

I also want there to be a fixed width to the forum, as the website design will imply.

If it is any help, my template code is as follows'

<html>
	<head>
		<meta charset="utf-8">
		<title><?php echo $title; ?></title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Styles/stylesheet.css" />   
	</head>

<body>
			<div id="wrapper">
            	<div id="banner">

</div>          
            <nav id="navigation">
            	<ul id="nav">
                  <li><a href="index.php">Home</a></li>
                  <li><a href="about.php">About</a></li>
                  <li><a href="server.php">Server</a></li>
                  <li><a href="forums/index.php">Forums</a></li>                                                
				</ul>
            </nav>

<div id="border">
            </div>

<div id="content_area">
           	<?php echo $content;
			?>
            </div>

<footer>
            <p> &copy; Noroz 2015</p>
            </footer>
            </div>