MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 forbidden You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests, I'm getting the above error message.

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix that? It's weird because yesterday I installed mybb and posted and had no problems. The error began happening today so I assumed it was something I had done, I wiped everything and started over but I'm still having the same problem Sad

URL is empireacademy.net/forum

Thanks in advance.

Quick edit: I've just realised that this problem only happens with long posts. I just posted something really short and it worked! Odd!
Is mod_security enabled on your server? This is a possible cause. If you don't know, your webhost will be able to tell you.
I've just been told by my host that it is installed Smile
You want mod_security disabled.
Yep, it's sorted. They have white-listed my account now and everything is working. Thanks for the help here.
I have the same problem, successfully installed MyBB only to get the 403 Forbidden. Curiously enough, on the SAME server I have another website which runs MyBB successfully, so it can't be the whitelisting of the server, can it?

Any other known causes of this problem?

Wasn't the mod_security problem solved in versions 1.6 and upwards?