MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb link to wordpress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello! please help me/give me the step by step instructions. I want to add menu that linked from mybb forum to my blogs (wordpress site). I will make the wordpress to be the front page, just like i did before to my portal. So i believe ill just have to edit the htaccess just like what i did to make my portal to become the main page.

The forum will be added to the menu of wordpress. I just created my wordpress now.
The address of mybb forum is mydomain and the wordpress is http://www.mydomain/wordpress/
I already know how to add the forum to the wordpress menu but i dont know how to add the wordpress link to the menu of mybb forum.

The idea is when they want to visit now mybb forum, they will be directed to the wordpress site but there's a link to go back to the forum. I was thinking that when they already in the forum, how can i add link going back to the wordpress. I saw already the mybb-wordpress plugin but i dont want to connect them so i wont get much technical problems like with their account. thank you for the help.
see MyBB like header section and use required code segment(s)
Thank you!!!! Cheers!
I hope my follow up question is allowed. I'm done now with the menu. My forum is mydomain.com and the wordpress is mydomain.com/wordpress/ Originally, i only have a forum, I just added now the wordpress but i want my wordpress to be the home page. When they type mydomain.com, they will be directed to mydomain.com/wordpress were the menu also have the link of the forum. I'm not sure if it is the same with editing the htaccess to make my portal the homepage.

if you should use portal.php for the portal, what should i change so my wordpress become the home page? = DirectoryIndex portal.php
(2015-05-23, 07:58 PM)positivehighnewbie Wrote: [ -> ]I hope my follow up question is allowed. I'm done now with the menu. My forum is mydomain.com and the wordpress is mydomain.com/wordpress/ Originally, i only have a forum, I just added now the wordpress but i want my wordpress to be the home page. When they type mydomain.com, they will be directed to mydomain.com/wordpress were the menu also have the link of the forum. I'm not sure if it is the same with editing the htaccess to make my portal the homepage.

if you should use portal.php for the portal, what should i change so my wordpress become the home page? = DirectoryIndex portal.php

Sorry, I've managed to pick out a few possible questions what you could be asking.

Am I able to redirect everyone who enters mydomain.com to mydomain.com/wordpress? If so,

Log into your FTP and open your .htaccess file in the root directory of your forum.

Then, add:

# Provide Specific Index Page (Set the default handler)
DirectoryIndex /wordpress

Should work.

Can I add a Home tab onto the navigation menu of my forum? If so,

Find:
<ul>
        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/portal.php">{$lang->xstyled_portal}</a></li>
        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/index.php">{$lang->xstyled_forum}</a></li>
        <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">{$lang->xstyled_members}</a></li>
<li><a href="http://horryboshlings.x10host.com/Forums/showthread.php?tid=27">Donation Packs</a></li>
    </ul>

and replace the first line only with:

<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/wordpress">Home</a></li>