MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail, broken HTML.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been experiencing a problem lately.

When I send a Mass Mail, the HTML file is received broken. It has some CSS on it which doesn't apply when someone receives the email. In browsers it works fine.

No clue what's going on Toungue
Can you show us a source of a broken mail ?
If you mean the .html file, here you go.

edit: the broken mail

[Image: QmvWooS.png?1]
Well, I only notice 2 things:
- a <unsubscribe></unsubscribe> tag ???
- you use some elements which are not, imho, xhtml 1.0 Transitional (meta viewport, css properties as -webkit-font-smoothing).

Which email client do you use to test ?

BTW, if you receipt the file which is in your .zip, it's not the mailer who is in cause, just the content of the mail.
Well, this was a template I downloaded from github.

I used the default mail that the hoster provides. It does the same thing as when I send it through hotmail so, I guess you're right.
(2015-05-19, 02:20 PM)adsol93 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been experiencing a problem lately.

When I send a Mass Mail, the HTML file is received broken. It has some CSS on it which doesn't apply when someone receives the email. In browsers it works fine.

No clue what's going on Toungue

Depending on how many emails you need to send, the native mass email function may not be the solution for you. We recognize that nearly every organization that utilizes email as a form of communication occasionally, if not often, needs to email to a large group of people at once. 

In the past, this was as simple as putting all of the recipient addresses in your email program and sending the message.  Due to laws and rules that have been put into place to protect email consumers, it has become necessary to use new methods for sending mass or bulk email. \
http://www.controla.co.uk/web-design-courses.html