MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: External Redirect Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Description
This is a pretty basic plugin that edits external URLs (ones that go outside of your forum) in posts to redirect the user to a "notification" page. The user is notified that they are leaving your site and can either click back or continue to the destination site.

Download
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=493

Support
You can ask questions here or on our IcyBoards Community Forums.

Screenshots
[Image: 3jK8nZF.jpg] [Image: 4mvJEdY.jpg]
Not trying to hijack your thread, but is there any difference between this and MyBB SafeLink?
Yes. It didn't work right when I tried it and a few people on IcyBoards wanted the plugin. I can't remember what the problems were that I was having. I can set it up again if that would help and provide details in your thread.
(2015-05-20, 07:18 PM)spork985 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. It didn't work right when I tried it and a few people on IcyBoards wanted the plugin. I can't remember what the problems were that I was having. I can set it up again if that would help and provide details in your thread.

Ah ok. Sure if you don't mind, no hurry though do it when you get some free time.
[Image: preview_21092_1431616518_721a022f3c6c19c...587e4b.png]

In the image, it seems the back button not enabled, is it the right message "click the back button in your browser"?
That's a good point, thanks. It looks like MyBB appends a "target='_blank'" (open link in new tab) by default to links. I suppose one should update the text to day "Otherwise, please close this page". This can be done in the "Global Templates > iblinkwarning" template.
IMO bburl and homeurl should be forced to be white-listed independent of the setting and I would explode iblinkwarning_domains outside the foreach loop but other than that there is nothing specially wrong with it. Luck.
(2015-05-22, 06:08 AM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]IMO bburl and homeurl should be forced to be white-listed independent of the setting and I would explode iblinkwarning_domains outside the foreach loop but other than that there is nothing specially wrong with it. Luck.

I agree, thank you for the feedback. A new build has been uploaded with the following changes:
1) Added bburl and homeurl to whitelist by default
2) Moved explode outside of for loop
3) Changed text on redirect page

http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=493
Hi, I have installed your plugin on mybb version 1.6. When installing it shows it will be compatible for mybb 1.8 version. So, for the compatibility I have changed 18 as 16 in iblinkwarning.php and I have installed your plugin.
Its installed correctly.

Now all of my links shows as : http://example.com/forums/external.php?u...s/thread-1

But when I have clicked the link its not redirected to warning page, it shows the error as "ERROR 403 - FORBIDDEN"

So, anything I need to change in .htaccess file. Please help?
Hello, a couple of issues I found:

1. This plugin should make use of language files in order to support multiple languages
2. There is no redirect for a user's website and other contact fields
3. It causes images to redirect...
4. Unknown location in Who's online when viewing external.php