MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1 forum for 2 langages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I will create a new website(WordPress)+forum. I'm looking for the best forum solution.

I already know PunBB/FluxBB, PhpBB, but few days ago after lot of reading, I discovered MyBB! It seems to be great.

I need to choose the good product. So, I installed and tested it. Ilike it!

I already found lots of informations about MyBB, but not all.

I want to have one forum on 2 langages, but with 2 differents address.
Is it possible to, with only one instance, to host the forum in http://forum.mysite.com for lang1 and forum-en.site.com for lang2?

With the same instance to have only one installation, one users database (user can register only one time and post in the 2 forums).

thank!
I did ABP Multi Domain to allow the same instance to work on multiple domains (with links rewriting to "hide" the other domain), so it might be possible to manage (with a small adaptation).

But how do you want to manage the languages ? Is it two distinct categories ? Or just change the default language of the board ? Or theme ?
Thanks a lot!

I will read your link.

We need to separate 2 forums to simplify user's navigation (display only the good forum/topics) and for SEO's reasons.
Do you think it's possible to hide Lang2's section on forum1 and Lang1 section on forum2?
I think that with a modification of the plugin, it could be possible.

The first idea I have is to add a piece of code in the plugin to say "if using forum2 url, then fid1 is forbidden" (fid1 is the forum id of the section which belongs to the other url). I'll have a look on that tomorrow, but restrict a forum to a member is really easy, the only difficulty will be to do it clean Smile
Ok, I think to understand! :o

"restrict a forum to a member is really easy"
It will be automatic, accordding the forum visited? A user will be abble to post in 2 forums?

Again, thank you!
Good night, it's time for me Wink
(De France aussi donc ? :o )

Or with this ?
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=426
(2015-05-19, 08:57 PM)JeyC Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I think to understand! :o

"restrict a forum to a member is really easy"
It will be automatic, accordding the forum visited? A user will be abble to post in 2 forums?
Yes, in my idea, an user will be only restricted by the url he use at a moment. If he comes with url1, he's allowed to see and post in forum1, and coming with url2 allows him to post in forum2

(2015-05-19, 08:57 PM)JeyC Wrote: [ -> ]Or with this ?
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=426

With a small modification again. I'll have a look on this plugin to mix it with multi-domain Smile

(2015-05-19, 08:57 PM)JeyC Wrote: [ -> ]Again, thank you!
Good night, it's time for me Wink
(De France aussi donc ? :o )
Oui, mais il ne faut pas le dire trop fort, ils n'ont pas remarqué mon accent Big Grin
Perfect! So, I think I will use MyBB for our forums!

I will continue to configure the forum.
Did you have a new version, with this features? Smile
CrazyCat ? Smile