MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HTML Post Enable Question (Solved)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Allowing HTML to be used in posts is a terrible, terrible idea. That is why MyBB does not allow it by default. Unless you are absolutely certain that you want to use it (in which case you should install HTML Purifier) it should be disabled on all forums. To do this quickly, run the following SQL query.

UPDATE `mybb_forums` SET `allowhtml` = '0';
Afterwards, you should go to Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance > Cache Manager > forums > Rebuild Cache to make sure this change is cached and is applied immediately.

I'm wanting to enable HTML on staff member posts. Would that be a security risk for our forum?
you can use HTML in Posts plugin and allow only administrators & other trusted staff to use html posting
(2015-05-20, 08:16 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can use HTML in Posts plugin and allow only administrators & other trusted staff to use html posting

Would that be a security risk for the forum or would everything be fine? 

Regards,
Anthony S. (Enthrones)
allowing html posting is always a security risk but it can be safe when you restrict it to limited trusted users
(it is like using a razor blade or a knife - there is always a risk of using something in bad manner)
(2015-05-20, 08:27 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]allowing html posting is always a security risk but it can be safe when you restrict it to limited trusted users
(it is like using a razor blade or a knife - there is always a risk of using something in bad manner)

I'm going to be allowing access to only myself and one other staff member. Should that be fine?

Regards,
Anthony S. (Enthrones)
^ yes, assuming that the other staff member is trust worthy Smile
Thank you for the support.