MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Take back topics and threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a problem :

I got a website (forum) and i've decided to reset it (totally reinstalled) but I want to take back threads and topics (i've did a save), how can i do it please ?

I'm bad in english so i don't know if i've explained my problem clearly and sorry about that !  Undecided
you want to reinstall or already did it....

you mean to restore the old threads and posts on the reinstalled forum... for that you need to have the backup of the old database (not files) before reset.. do you have one???
I already did it and when you says database you mean the templates ?

Edit : I've find what you mean by "database", thank you for your really fast answer and unfortunaly i havn't save my database in phpmyadmin ...
Thanks you for it !

I will "mark as solved"

I got a backup i found it !
@lLastLightl please do not share the database backups anywhere on the public forums.. they contain sensitive data and shouldn't be shared with others... I have removed the attachment now...
Oh sorry ! :x I didn't even know that ... I'm so bad :s
If i got the backup can i recover it ?
(2015-05-21, 07:33 AM)lLastLightl Wrote: [ -> ]Oh sorry ! :x I didn't even know that ... I'm so bad :s
If i got the backup can i recover it ?

yes.. after reinstalling the forum, follow below steps to import the backup to the new database...
  • Login to your cPanel and click phpMyAdmin icon in Databases section.
  • Select the database you wish to restore, from the drop-down list.
  • Click on the Import tab.
  • Click "Choose File" and select the backup file from your computer.
  • Click "Go"
in case you get any errors like "table already exists", then you need to drop the tables from the existing database (reinstalled one) and then do the above steps...

NOTE: it is assumed that the forum is currently empty and you have reinstalled the same version as before...
Thanks a lots,
Its okay now ! =)

I'm really grateful for your help !