MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Read-only mode for the entire forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to setup a testing environment for my website and was wondering, is possible to put MyBB into a read-only mode?
What exactly do you mean by that? You can disable registration in ACP -> Configuration -> Login and Registration Options and posting in all groups' options (untick Can post new threads? and Can post replies to threads?) + possibly other options such as User CP access, reputation, private messaging, etc., if I understood correctly.
What you suggested would work, but I'd have to repeat those steps every time I sync my testing environment with my live environment, which is not ideal.

Basically, I want my test environment forum to grab data from my live environment forum database, but not allow any modifications to my live environment database. I tried to accomplish this by creating a MySQL database user with read-only permissions, but when I simply navigate to MyBB, it returns errors probably because it can't update lastactive and similar columns