MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move MyBB Files Over to Another Domain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I am switching domains and am clueless on how to move all of my MyBB files over from my last backup that I did in the MyBB ACP.
Please if anyone helps me, make it the most simplest and detailed tutorial. I really don't want to mess this up.
My apologizes!
Are you moving hosts as well or is it just the domain you are changing?
(2015-05-21, 11:21 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Are you moving hosts as well or is it just the domain you are changing?

Just the domain. Need to transfer all of my FTP files.
You won't need to transfer your FTP files unless you are switching hosts.

All you need to do is point the new domains nameservers to your server. Once propagation has taken place 48hours I think, you'll be able to access your site. You may wish to redirect your old domain to your new one which you can easily do in your domain manager.
(2015-05-21, 11:27 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]You won't need to transfer your FTP files unless you are switching hosts.

All you need to do is point the new domains nameservers to your server. Once propagation has taken place 48hours I think, you'll be able to access your site. You may wish to redirect your old domain to your new one which you can easily do in your domain manager.

Regardless I still want to transfer my files because my old site I am using as a test site, and this new site I am using as my permanent site. So either way I do need to end up transferring my files.
So I asked you to begin with if you were switching hosts/to a different server for a reason. Simply download all of the core files and upload them via FTP to your new server. You'll then need to import your database into MySQL and then update your MyBB config file.

See: http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html
No need to do that, just point the new domain towards your current nameservers then it should update after a few hours.