MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MiunaShoutBox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MiunaShoutbox is an great shoutbox, no load on your server e.t.c but it has many downfalls such as being ranks are client and not server sided making it possible for people to change their names and uids and fake to be an owner...

Other failures on this shoutbox is how it has no limit on a message, you can just send an huge message and break the shoutbox server.

Another failure would be the images, you can post any image and log peoples IPs I asked the owner how to fix and he did not bother much and said it was too "deep" into the code so I had to do this myself.

Could anyone please give me a hand on how to fix at least the second one? I dont want people to spam a huge line of symbols and crash my shoutbox anytime they want... Can someone help me make a character limit?

Just figured out you can do XSS with Miunashoutbox... I am so done with this shoutbox.
(2015-05-22, 02:45 PM)NotNotch Wrote: [ -> ]MiunaShoutbox is an great shoutbox, no load on your server e.t.c but it has many downfalls such as being ranks are client and not server sided making it possible for people to change their names and uids and fake to be an owner...

Other failures on this shoutbox is how it has no limit on a message, you can just send an huge message and break the shoutbox server.

Another failure would be the images, you can post any image and log peoples IPs I asked the owner how to fix and he did not bother much and said it was too "deep" into the code so I had to do this myself.

Could anyone please give me a hand on how to fix at least the second one? I dont want people to spam a huge line of symbols and crash my shoutbox anytime they want... Can someone help me make a character limit?

Just figured out you can do XSS with Miunashoutbox... I am so done with this shoutbox.

Yeah, this shoutbox has a lot of bugs but aside from that it's the best one out here. I hope that the developer will fix them, and not just "remove" features.
(2015-05-28, 02:16 PM)An0ny Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-22, 02:45 PM)NotNotch Wrote: [ -> ]MiunaShoutbox is an great shoutbox, no load on your server e.t.c but it has many downfalls such as being ranks are client and not server sided making it possible for people to change their names and uids and fake to be an owner...

Yeah, this shoutbox has a lot of bugs but aside from that it's the best one out here. I hope that the developer will fix them, and not just "remove" features.

After about 2 days I was able to code the shoutbox to the point that it has no bugs anymore, this can be seen at my forums raidforums.com you need to register and activate your account to access it.
I was able to edit the NODE.JS server and my shoutbox code together.
On this shoutbox I have developed myself a <SYSTEM> user who you can use commands with such as /ip (uid) and /say (message).
It is a great shoutbox, coded horribly and with more vulnerabilities than good points but I was able to fix it.
(2015-05-28, 02:18 PM)NotNotch Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-28, 02:16 PM)An0ny Wrote: [ -> ]

After about 2 days I was able to code the shoutbox to the point that it has no bugs anymore, this can be seen at my forums raidforums.com you need to register and activate your account to access it.
I was able to edit the NODE.JS server and my shoutbox code together.
On this shoutbox I have developed myself a <SYSTEM> user who you can use commands with such as /ip (uid) and /say (message).
It is a great shoutbox, coded horribly and with more vulnerabilities than good points but I was able to fix it.

could i get a copy of your updated code?? thanks.
All issue mentioned were resolved in 3.0
http://community.mybb.com/thread-166773-...pid1162161
(2015-06-07, 11:30 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]All issue mentioned were resolved in 3.0
http://community.mybb.com/thread-166773-...pid1162161

Still pretty horrible, users have to register on shoutbox too? R.I.P
Anyways My shoutbox even has an AI you can talk to a user called system and do a couple of nice commands.
(2015-06-22, 01:32 AM)NotNotch Wrote: [ -> ]Still pretty horrible, users have to register on shoutbox too? R.I.P
Anyways My shoutbox even has an AI you can talk to a user called system and do a couple of nice commands.

have this too http://community.mybb.com/thread-172026.html

People are very ungrateful. Instead of helping just know defame with products of others. And yet I dare to say that the shoutbox what's yours? What? If using websocket with openshift, then it was my idea. No one had the same idea so far.
So a lot of people do not publish plugins. Now it makes sense. It must be because of people like you.
(2015-06-22, 02:45 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-06-22, 01:32 AM)NotNotch Wrote: [ -> ]Still pretty horrible, users have to register on shoutbox too? R.I.P

have this too http://community.mybb.com/thread-172026.html

People are very ungrateful. Instead of helping just know defame with products of others. And yet I dare to say that the shoutbox what's yours? What? If using websocket with openshift, then it was my idea. No one had the same idea so far.
So a lot of people do not publish plugins. Now it makes sense. It must be because of people like you.

Uses server resources, very bad.
Also I fixed ip logging on shoutbox, cant post images to log ppls Ips anymore.
Also I added tabs on the shoutbox for staff chat e.t.c
(2015-06-22, 02:49 AM)NotNotch Wrote: [ -> ]Uses server resources, very bad.
Also I fixed ip logging on shoutbox, cant post images to log ppls Ips anymore.
Also I added tabs on the shoutbox for staff chat e.t.c

I'm just wasting my time talking to you.
If you just want to defame me then do elsewhere as inside your wonderful shoutbox that is said to be totally yours. Personally you are just sucker others of other people's work.