MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feature Enhancement: Attachment Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please add the ability to restrict selected groups to only being able to download/view particular file types.

Expected functionality

Groups A,B and C can download/view all files.
Group D can only download/view files with the following extensions:
Input box: .jpg, .gif, .png
I think this would be too forum specific where it wouldn't get much use at all.
Yeah, I agree with dragonexpert. Though, it would be a neat plugin idea. I'll try and add it to my mental list of plugins to make for 2.0, because I can see where that *could* be useful.
I understand and I do agree that it won't be used by the average forum administrator.

Josh, I really hope you do make a plugin and offer it for sale. The plugin I'm currently using works perfectly with mybb 1.8 but I'm not sure if the developer intends to develop plugins for mybb 2. Without this plugin/feature I will have to change forum software Sad
Whatever I make will most likely be offered for free, since I can't be bothered to set up a method of payment any time soon. Smile
A free plugin would be very nice but free isn't always an incentive for developers to release. Toungue

PS: You could use PayPal or even Amazon gift vouchers, both of which are easy to set up.