MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 'Rough Draft' of a mod I'm willing to pay for (almost anyone who's qualified)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
'Rough Draft' of a mod I'm willing to pay for (are you 'qualified'?)
  • What & why? A mod or 'plugin' to help run a network of Mybb forums.
  • This is a 'rough draft', I'm expecting to clarify the need for security (and other issues)
  • In it's most simple form...
  • I need a 'special mod' which I will gladly share (for free???) with others...
  • ...depending on how much it costs me to get it done Smile
  • The 'main forum' is (will be) a 'network hub'.
  • All other (smaller) forums are niche communities.
  • The idea is an automated, integrated login for all forums.

I'm not a 'real programmer' these are 'rough draft ideas'
  • The 'project' needs a PHP/Mysql script which...
  • Uses a cron job (every 20, 30, or 60 minutes) to 'remotely call' the main forum database, and...
  • ...'Syncronize' (only the) the newest users (who recently registered at the 'main forum')
  • 'Niche forums' will be on various servers and IP's.

I'm able to deal with 'simple' details (ie. the 'register' link at all the niche forums will point to the one single 'main forum')
  • The script would need to be used in all the (smaller) niche forums
  • Everyone who signs up (as a new member) would have an integrated 'network' login within ~20 to 60 minutes.
  • Security is a concern

I'll gladly pay for this, but will be very quick to share if 'we' can do it 'cheap'
  • If I described it clearly enough, please...
  • ...let me know if it is...
  • Viable
  • Fairly easy
  • Can be secured
  • and...
  • ...if interested in a 'reverse auction'...
  • please, make a bid (ie. how much you will charge to give me the code, after it works well, and...
  • ...see if someone else 'outbids you'...
  • ...with a lower (qualified to do this) bid.

Edit: If this gets done (for an 'affordable price'), I'll gladly donate a minimum of $30 to the Mybb project (near the end of this month)
Please, keep this in mind when you 'bid'.

Thank you very much,
Seeker
Contact decswxaqz he lately announced that he is looking to wrok with paid mods, read here.
zaher1988 Wrote:Contact decswxaqz he lately announced that he is looking to wrok with paid mods, read here.
Great lead(s), thank you.
I've been online 'too long', will try to contact others later.

Cheers. Big Grin
Are you asking for something like createmybb.com except with a shared user base? Basically subforums managed by the creators? Just wondering.
labrocca Wrote:Are you asking for something like createmybb.com except with a shared user base? Basically subforums managed by the creators? Just wondering.
Hi,

Not really, more like this:
New niche forums I (or 'partners') create need an automated integration with the entire network of niche communities (and one main 'network hub')
  1. If "It doesn't cost too much", anyone can use 'the mod' for free, and / or...
  2. ...there can be a free and 'deluxe' paid version'.

What 'I' really need is this
  • Auto-integration (of new members) between any number of niche forums, and...
  • a 'main' Network Hub.
  • The 'special mod' would 'call' the main database...
  • from any number of other domains, servers and IP's (the niche forums)...
  • and automatically 'sign-up' all new members (of the main 'Hub') into all the niche forums.

This is all possible:
I'm in no big hurry, so...
I'm just not sure how many years I'll spend learning to do it all myself. Smile
..or if others will be interested.

Thanks