MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database import issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I successfully imported about 1700 users into my MyBB users database. However, MyBB forum front page still only shows about 700 users. I'm wondering why MyBB might not be reading the new users. More details follow:

1. Exported current user table to excel (this table was about 657 users)
2. I added roughly 1,200 new lines to that excel document
3. I did all the successful steps to import this new csv table into phpmyadmin.
4. I renamed the old table something else and renamed the imported table the exact same as what it was before
5. in phpmyadmin, it shows 1,807 rows, and they all look healthy
6. HOWEVER, front page forum shows 657 users!
7. I registered for a new account to see if that would make MyBB notice all the added users. Now the user count on forum front page is 658 users.
8. Conclusion: Something is precluding MyBB code from reading all the extra rows I inserted BUT all the old users are indeed working perfectly.

Biggest question: What does the code use to add up the number of users? Only thing I can tell is that I started my new users at row uid 700, so there are roughly 40 or so missing uids. Does that matter?

UPDATE: Actually, there are some users from the old list that are missing, too. Bottom line is WHICH COLUMN of the database is used to count users?

UPDATE: ALL of my NEW USERS (over 1,800 of them) do, in fact, appear in my admin panel users section.
These information are cached, so they wouldn't change when the data is changed manually; try Recount Statistics in the ACP: Tools & Maintenance → Recount & Rebuild.
IT WORKED! Thank you! THANK YOU!