MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Modal box - charset issue (UTF-8)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a charset issue with a modal box.

When a user click on "Report", the modal box text is bugged...

Instead of : Signaler ce message à un modérateur

Displayed text is : Signaler ce message à  un modérateur

It's usually a charset ISO vs UTF-8 issue... My forum is in UTF-8. I've checked with notepad++ that language file is UTF-8 (without BOM) encoded. Also check report.js file the same way.

Any idea how to fix this ?
up...

I still have the issue and can't find how to fix it.

For the moment, I have replaced in language file report.php accent from é to eacute; etc... it's now fix in the modal box, but it shows eacute; insteand of é in the modcp.
The html code is é, not just eacute;
Sorry, it's a typo in my previous post, I didn't forgot the '&'

Like for breaking rules : "Enfreint les règles du forum"

In the modal box, the display is OK : "<option value="bad">Enfreint les règles du forum</option>"

But then in the moderator control panel : "Enfreint les r&egrave;gles du forum"

And it in the lang report.php file if use è (like I did in any other lang file), the display in the modal box is : "<option value="rules">Enfreint les règles du forum</option>" (but is OK in the modcp).
Strange, I'll look into this during the week.
I had the same trouble, try to encode your lang files in ANSI and use accentued characters.
The strange code (like é) is due to a conversion to utf-8 of an already utf-8 value.
Thanks, that was the issue in the modal box.

In other hand, in the modcp where the message is reported, it now shows : "Enfreint les r?les du forum" (instead of "Enfreint les règles du forum")
Well, I think that it's when calling the report.php through ajax which does a conversion. I often had this trouble with ajax and multiple encodings.

I think you really have to use html entities, even if they appear "as they are" in ACP.

P.S.: I'm french to, so encouter the same troubles with some of my forums, I don't really care about ACP variables edition.