MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might be a stupid question, and if so, I apologize.

I have used mass email successfully and I realize that folks can subscribe to certain forums. However, can they subscribe to a newsletter?

I want to be able to send out mass emails, but I want to only send them out to members who want them. Conversely, perhaps it goes out to everyone and the ones who don't want it can opt out? But then I wouldn't be able to send out mass email to them on other bigger announcements.

Thanks
http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=211
That is exactly what you're looking for.
Sweet! Thank you.

One more stupid question: there's no documentation, so all I do is paste in the few files it has and then all else is self-explanatory?
(2015-05-25, 10:11 PM)ndc Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet! Thank you.

One more stupid question: there's no documentation, so all I do is paste in the few files it has and then all else is self-explanatory?

Correct,

All you need to do is paste the files in their correct directory, which they should already be in inside the plugin package above. Activate the plugin, then the rest should be pretty straight forward from there.

Your welcome.
You rock! Thanks.

Unless I'm missing something, the newsletter doesn't do anything. First off, I can't find a place to subscribe to the newsletter. Plus, once I create a newsletter, there appears to be no way to actually send it, nor a place to select the recipients. Any idea what I'm missing?