MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disallowed email addresses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
currently in the mybb 1.X series, disallowed email addresses settings are found in the following location: admin cp> banning> disallowed email addresses.

wouldn't it be more logical for future releases if it was located in a registration section somewhere since it basically stops a user from using whatever email addresses you add in that section during registration?
What about forums that allow the changing of an email address post-registration?
(2015-05-25, 10:44 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]What about forums that allow the changing of an email address post-registration?

that's a good point.  I hadn't thought about that.  
(2015-05-25, 10:44 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]What about forums that allow the changing of an email address post-registration?

And every one better allow this. I'm changing dozens of sites to use my new custom domain, and I don't want to lose old accounts because they're tied to my old Gmail account.

That's a use case where changing email after the fact is very valid.
(2015-05-25, 10:51 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-25, 10:44 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]What about forums that allow the changing of an email address post-registration?

And every one better allow this. I'm changing dozens of sites to use my new custom domain, and I don't want to lose old accounts because they're tied to my old Gmail account.

That's a use case where changing email after the fact is very valid.

I doubt your custom domain name will be blocked by most forum admins.

I think a lot of people block problematic spam countries...
I was stating that forums better have the ability for me to change my email though, not specifically whether or not my domain would be an issue Smile.
(2015-05-25, 11:02 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I was stating that forums better have the ability for me to change my email though, not specifically whether or not my domain would be an issue Smile.

as long as it's not spammy.   Toungue