MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ability to resend email activation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some forum administrators may want the ability to be able to send another email activation link to their members. This could be done on a manual basis and on a task say once every 24 hours three times and then the account is pruned? This would be helpful as some spammers are able to sign up but they are unable to verify their email address.
Hi,

you can already prune not activated users...
Furthermore I do not see a point why it should be useful to automatically resend activation mails. Imo it just increases the chance your mailserver gets marked as spam mailserver. But I do agree, that it should be possible for the admin to resend the activation mail, because some users really seem too stupid to click on the resend link...
Manually - I agree, a way to do it in ACP without activating the account completely would be useful in case someone provided a wrong email and requested a change, for example. Should be quite easy to implement too.

Task - that's not needed. Spamming users that aren't spambots would be unacceptable - not everyone checks their email right after registration. There are way better antispam measures.
I'm more for manually too, I was just throwing some ideas into the mix for possibilities.
A manual button either in a user's profile or in the ACP would be an extremely useful addition, I agree.
(2015-05-26, 06:55 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]A manual button either in a user's profile or in the ACP would be an extremely useful addition, I agree.

what about an automatic trigger as well?

if user X doesn't activate their account within 5 days of the activation email being sent out, automatically resend the email.
Possibly, but we'd also have to track the last time we sent the user the email. We don't want to repeatedly send the same user an email if they're never going to activate - that'll just waste resources.
(2015-05-26, 07:25 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Possibly, but we'd also have to track the last time we sent the user the email. We don't want to repeatedly send the same user an email if they're never going to activate - that'll just waste resources.

true..maybe send it 1 additional time and that's it.
Yeah, it's definitely something to consider (adding it as an automated system), but I'm pretty sure we'll at least have it available manually.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!