MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin Panel like PHPBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have seen the admin panel of Mybb and PHPbb, and to say the truth i would choose phpbb, cause that one is easy to understand and maybe a good idea to use aswell on mybb 2.0 or 1.8.
This is the admin panel of phpbb when you are logged in:
[Image: screen_63_2.png]
This is the admin panel with text editor and maybe that's a better one for mybb:
[Image: 2-edit-footer.png]
Cause mybb is slower then phpbb, if you guys can make it faster and make it like this way and create your own style i bet that people will return to mybb again.

Plugins and themes are amazing! But hopefully you like this idea?
just a note : phpBB recent versions do not have in-built editor for the themes & templates

and I do not see much difference in admin panels of different forum systems
I don't like their template, at all.
xyz is better is not a great suggestion... what is it you do not like about the MyBB ACP and what do you find more intuitive in the phpBB ACP. Maybe you can be a bit more specific, than just posting a screenshot?

By the way - I cannot find one thing that is intuitive in the phpBB ACP... I used phpBB 3,before I found MyBB and finding anything was nearly impossible...
I could name control panels that are more intuitive than MyBB's, but phpBB would never be among them.

Also, what do you mean by "slower" and "create your own style"? Styling ACP has been possible for a very long time and I don't see anything slow, apart from CodeMirror on older PCs maybe - but you can turn it off in preferences.
I MUCH prefer the MyBB Administrator Panel to phpBB's. Their theme is horrible and the general layout is confusing for new forum users.
mybb admin cp > phpbb
I'd also have to agree with the replies here. Sure, I come across as biased now since I have a shiny badge. Aside from that fact though, I used phpBB for about a year, using the admin panel on many, many occasions. I never once considered it better than MyBB's in organization, which is part of why I moved to MyBB.

If you can suggest specific reorganizations or elements that you consider better, feel free to list those, and we can discuss those.

RE: the text editor: the phpBB one you've shown lacks syntax highlighting, which is a very helpful feature, and their templating language is a massive eyesore as well, since you have conditionals wrapped directly around HTML attributes all over the place.

I'm also curious where you found that MyBB is slower than phpBB. I'm sure it's possible on different configurations, but I've never seen it myself, nor have many people here, I would assume. But hey, if you have numbers, that'd be cool to see Smile.
Out of all the forum software I have used over the last week, I would say phpBB probably has the worst admin panel.
(2015-05-27, 04:54 PM)msm1 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of all the forum software I have used over the last week, I would say phpBB probably has the worst admin panel.

I think VBulletin does. Its hard to find what you are looking for and the url gets rewritten so you can't really memorize urls to do things.
Pages: 1 2