MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail Tester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to see a page in ACP, to test mail functionality where it would return "success, sent" or "error: ..".
Might be a good idea, especially for SMTP based setups. It's a fairly trivial addition too. It could be added to the System Health page where we currently show details such as disk usage for attachments, etc.
This is a good suggestion actually, would be helpful to easily see if mail is working or not.
Currently the only way to do this for me to test my SMTP, would be recovering my password.. but that doesn't give me error or success..
The way I've done it is by sending a Mass Mail to myself. Not the most efficient way, so this would definitely be a worthwhile addition, IMO.
(2015-05-27, 04:50 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]The way I've done it is by sending a Mass Mail to myself. Not the most efficient way, so this would definitely be a worthwhile addition, IMO.

I'm glad to see that we all have in common to use weird ways to test the mails LOL. 
+1, it would be helpful
I don't see why not, good idea.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!