MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weebly Pro / Embedded Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm setting up a private family website using Weebly Pro.

I was looking for a better forum template than Tal.ki which comes with Weebly Pro (which limited functions) and came across MyBB, which looks ideal.

Weebly Pro has an Embeded Code function in the editor to enable non-Weebly stuff (e.g. You Tube videos) to be imported to the site.

Is there some way for me to get the embedded code for MyBB to be able to set up a MyBB forum on my website, or is there some other way for me to set up a MyBB forum on my website? I'm using Weebly Pro to build my site but I have a separate domain which I purchased through Weebly, if that's relevant.

Any assistance much appreciated.
MyBB isn't necessarily embeddable. You can utilize the HTML iFrame's but it is far from an ideal solution. Your best solution is to customize the mybb template to match your family website or to hire a template designer to do it for you.
(2015-05-27, 12:32 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB isn't necessarily embeddable. You can utilize the HTML iFrame's but it is far from an ideal solution. Your best solution is to customize the mybb template to match your family website or to hire a template designer to do it for you.

Thanks for your reply Jason. Can you please explain what you mean by "utilise the HTML iFrame" and why that is not ideal. Also, if I get someone to customise the myBB template to match my family website, will I just have a link on my family website that family members will have to click on to be diverted to the myBB forum?
well, MyBB forum link can be added to main site and main site's header links can appear on the forum.
are you comfortable in hiring a designer ?
if so, you may PM me the details & your budget so that I can suggest some of the best designers
(2015-05-27, 12:32 AM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB isn't necessarily embeddable. You can utilize the HTML iFrame's but it is far from an ideal solution. Your best solution is to customize the mybb template to match your family website or to hire a template designer to do it for you.
Thanks for the info. I have the same question, but I don't know anything about MyBB. I have a Weebly developed and hosted web site for my church. I'm currently using the tal.ki embeddable forum, but I see reviews that say MyBB is much better. Weebly says I can use any other forum software using their <Embed Code> element.
So are you saying that MyBB is not embeddable if you just want to use it as is, with no customization? 
You suggest modifying the mybb template. Is that downloadable and embeddable? How would I find more information about it?
Or can I do the same thing with the mybb forum, which is what Weebly calls what you embed.
Thanks!
Dave C