MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Too fussy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to get rid of the star ratings beneath the member bit in post view? I find it far too fussy, too much going on with all sorts of (for me) worthless info being displayed.

I'd also like to ditch the reputation thingy.

Generally the board's great, but eye-wise I find it too distracting with all this info buzzing about!

Also, why do I only see 8 smilies when there are 12 in my smilies folder and the cp is set to show 20...??

p.s. clickable smilies don't work in IE5 Mac.

Hugh
hugh Wrote:p.s. clickable smilies don't work in IE5 Mac.
You should not be using IE on a Mac to begin with. Use Safari, Firefox or Camino.
OS9, Penguin. And let's stick to the topic, eh?
Quote:Is it possible to get rid of the star ratings beneath the member bit in post view? I find it far too fussy, too much going on with all sorts of (for me) worthless info being displayed.
Please explain some more, I dont understand which bit. I think you mean the two stars under Junior Member in your postbit?? If so, see next step, but instead of $replink, remove $userstars

Quote:I'd also like to ditch the reputation thingy.
Well, you can turn it off for all users, but I think the easiest way is to just not show it. Admin CP > Templates > Modify/Delete > *template set expand* > Postbit Templates > postbit > Remove $replink > Update Template

Quote:Also, why do I only see 8 smilies when there are 12 in my smilies folder and the cp is set to show 20...??
The admin option for smilies per page is for that area. If you want them to show on the smilie clickable, you have to edit the smilie and click "Show on Clickable Smilies List??" to yes. If that doesn't work, next rebuild your cache at Admin CP > Maintenance > Cache Manager > smilies > Rebuild Cache

Quote:p.s. clickable smilies don't work in IE5 Mac.
Known bug, currently unknown reason or solution.
Quote:Is it possible to get rid of the star ratings beneath the member bit in post view? I find it far too fussy, too much going on with all sorts of (for me) worthless info being displayed.
Edit the postbit template and remove the $stars variable, they should be gone.