MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Account Change Approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ability for administrators to approve specific account changes. For example, an Administrator may wish to approve email changes. This would help stop accounts from being stolen with all information changed etc. Obviously an Administrator should be able to configure whether he wishes to approve them or not.
I can tell you, if I have to wait for an admin to approve a change of email instead of getting a confirmation email right away, I'd be pretty upset and would likely leave the forum. What if the person no longer has access to the old email address? Being able to change your email address when you want is expected in today's world.

If you want to secure it, then possibly a choice of a random code sent as a text message or a challenge question.
Actually I kinda of like the idea of a confirmation email or something.
OR
system may log 5 latest email changes for any user.
so they can contact administrator about unwanted changes !
(also in this case may good if there is a limit for changing email address in any 30 days)
Hi,

Your MyBB 2.0 suggestion has unfortunately been rejected. Your suggestion does not fit with the direction that MyBB is heading in as a project at this time.