MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mobile friendly px or %
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

MikeInToshx

Hey guys,

I just previewed my site on my LG G2, and because im using % width instead of pixels, it is messed up (75% width).
What if I change it to px? Is there any major changes that would occur for the desktop version ?

Any thoughts? What u guys think a forum should be made in? px or %?

Cheers.

MikeInToshx

Anyone knows? Why in px or why in %?
What do you mean it's messed up? px is a fixed width and % is a fluid width. You're better off using % I think.

MikeInToshx

its fine on the pc, but when u use for example 75% width and u go to the forum with a smartphone then it takes that screen and sqeezes it down so then every forum is much smalller etc u know what i mean.
Yep, because the theme isn't responsive and adapt to the device. Themes will be responsive in 2.0.
There are a few CSS workaround you may consider doing for the time being: CSS Workaround to make MyBB mobile friendly

MikeInToshx

well, I just figured setting a min-width and a max-width + a widh fixed the mobile problem for me.
For example:

width: 75%;
min-width: 950px;
max-widh: 1920px;

when u view that on mobile it takes the min-width: and then it just fits on a full hd smartphone screen.

The only problem any mybb theme has though is that when u use margin left and right for, for example logo's and navigation menu's, it will overlap eachother or wont just fit on the screen.

I have fixed most of the footer issues by centering it instead of using margins, but I cant seem to do the same for the header where the logo + navigation menu is.

@Jerry:
Ive taken a look at your link and applied that meta tag, but that didnt seem to work for the footer and header.
The forums itself were minimalised, like not showing a description which was pretty cool but it f*cked up everything else so thats not a solution.

Appreciate the help.

(2015-05-30, 08:21 AM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, because the theme isn't responsive and adapt to the device. Themes will be responsive in 2.0.

Well, Mybb 2.0 will use a lot of diff things so any 1.6 or even 1.8 theme won't even work.

Heres the thing. I had a mybb 1.6 theme and completely customized it. It had a lot of issues and someone told me to upgrade to 1.8.. I did that and AGAIN I had to start from scratch and customize it again how it was before.

And now theres almost mybb 2.0 thats AGAIN going to be a lot diffrent and any theme wont be useable anymore..

I don't feel like starting over every time there is a new mybb version out  Undecided
Simple: Don't start again. Same on the same MyBB version. Your version will lack in new features which are introduced in 2.0 and will eventually become unsupported by MyBB.