MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1054 'authsecret'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody, today i want install plugin for my forum, but when i want login to ACP. I got error message from SQL.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'authsecret' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT authsecret FROM mbb_blbb_adminoptions WHERE uid='13'

please help me about it. Thank you... Blush

note:
error message in attachment
Have you run the upgrade script?
(2015-05-28, 10:14 AM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Have you run the upgrade script?
No..  mybb was instaled on 1.8.5. But, i was solved it by add authsecret in myphp. Look from "install". And now, i can use my forums again. My forums is berrylicio.us/forums/ Smile

Thank you Jones Smile
That means that you most likely used an autoinstaller such as Softaculous, which is not recommended. Manual installation is nearly as easy and not much longer, but more reliable.
Hi there, I am having the same issue and am not able to log into the ACP. I am not sure how to revert the forum back to 1.8.4 to upgrade manually. I am able to access the files through cpanel, but I wouldn't know what to change there to help me to gain access again. The frontend works fine, only the controll panel is not accessible.
Thanks for your time!

Okay, I managed to fix the issue. Since I was not able to access the admin panel I had to try something else and manually repeat the upgrade to fix whatever went wrong with the database

1. I downloaded the latest package of 1.8.5 and instead of uploading ALL of the files I only uploaded the install folder into the root folder.

2. I then ran http://www.yourdomain/install which takes you to the upgrade page.

3. Next I just followed instructions and ran the upgrade as normal.

4. Lastly I deleted the install folder from the root.

Oh and I have now disable automatic updates for the forum, lesson learned... I am now able to login fine and everything is back to normal Phew!! Rolleyes

Hopefully this will help someone else with the same issue!
Well, I tried but it isn't working for me Sad