MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Forum like in vBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
agree...
this is better than for me compared with post history...
use less resource and more usefull.
(2015-11-04, 01:02 PM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]I would personally love to see a vastly improved report center, including a report to thread feature. Comments are nice and all, but, not super visible. Discussions in a staff category are much more visible to staff. We have a large forum and we go through dozens of content reports a day. It's a lot to keep up with sometimes. Discussions really help us and helps us keep a log.

I would love for a way so the created thread does not alert the user who created it, so they do not see the comments. It can be posted by MyBB Engine or a designated staff member, or even a copy of the actual post (and the person's name) for easy interaction with a response from the person who reported it with their comment details.

That and the infractions feature would be amazing improvements for us.

I agree with you. maybe mybb could code up something like Jones's 'mybb bot' that can be assigned different tasks, like to create a new thread when someone reports something..etc., etc...

(2015-11-04, 01:30 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-185937.html

master forums perhaps where all the soft deleted and reported threads go for inspection Toungue

how would that work when you wouldn't want regular users to see threads that were created for discussions among admins/mods? you'd have to have granular permissions, I'd think, so that each thread could have different permissions. that could get quite messy, imho.
(2015-11-08, 09:07 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-04, 01:30 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybb.com/thread-185937.html

master forums perhaps where all the soft deleted and reported threads go for inspection Toungue

how would that work when you wouldn't want regular users to see threads that were created for discussions among admins/mods?  you'd have to have granular permissions, I'd think, so that each thread could have different permissions.  that could get quite messy, imho.

probably because the forum has to be set up as private Toungue and then set to receive such reports  all from the ACP?
(2015-11-09, 10:38 AM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-08, 09:07 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]

how would that work when you wouldn't want regular users to see threads that were created for discussions among admins/mods?  you'd have to have granular permissions, I'd think, so that each thread could have different permissions.  that could get quite messy, imho.

probably because the forum has to be set up as private Toungue and then set to receive such reports  all from the ACP?

that is different than what you linked to previously.

an admin could just set up the mod tools to create a new thread in FID that is inside an admin/mod area.
what i linked previously only uses whats already in forum software, phpbb, ipb, vb, xf

all it does is make the db queries and displays it
Pages: 1 2