MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report Forum like in vBulletin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Feature Suggestion/Enhancement: Report Forum

A forum where Reports are created as threads so that Staff can respond to it with what action they have taken and discuss with Admin/other Mods with what they think they should do/should happen to the member. 

Expected functionality

So when a User reports a post or thread it would create a thread in the Report Forum (only visible to Mods and Admins) and would looks something like this:

Title: Reported Post/Thread/PM by {User}

[Post Area]

{User} Has reported the following Member in this thread:

Reason Given:

Quote:Broke forum rules

and then after this it would allow the mods to talk about the report, and to keep track of what has happened to reports. 

Any additional notes

I know this happens in vBulletin, and I really liked it.
I think this allows for better discussions when someone reports a post.

I think yaldaram made a plugin to do this in mybb.
Feel that report comments could be added in the Mod CP which would be better and more professional.
I've been thinking about this in the last 24 hours and I think comments on reports as they currently are would be a better way to facilitate discussion amongst moderators than designating a forum for doing so.

I think staff discussions are one of the few things on a forum that do not need to be confined to forums.
I also would like this.
(2015-05-30, 12:06 PM)Will P Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking about this in the last 24 hours and I think comments on reports as they currently are would be a better way to facilitate discussion amongst moderators than designating a forum for doing so.

I think staff discussions are one of the few things on a forum that do not need to be confined to forums.

Agree with this. Let's not forget the fact it would also be more professional and organised.
Having given it more thought, I'm now thinking that a forum wouldn't be a bad idea as posted in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-171237.html

Got to be careful with a commenting feature that you don't end up trying to build another forum, when you've already got one.
What I like about the report center:
  • Moderators only see reports for forums they have rights for (no spamming of moderators)
  • Supermoderators see all reports and do not need to be assigned as moderators, so they get an email / pm

Both of this cannot be solved with a forum.
I would personally love to see a vastly improved report center, including a report to thread feature. Comments are nice and all, but, not super visible. Discussions in a staff category are much more visible to staff. We have a large forum and we go through dozens of content reports a day. It's a lot to keep up with sometimes. Discussions really help us and helps us keep a log.

I would love for a way so the created thread does not alert the user who created it, so they do not see the comments. It can be posted by MyBB Engine or a designated staff member, or even a copy of the actual post (and the person's name) for easy interaction with a response from the person who reported it with their comment details.

That and the infractions feature would be amazing improvements for us.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-185937.html

master forums perhaps where all the soft deleted and reported threads go for inspection Toungue
Pages: 1 2