MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how to create something animated thread list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I would like to add some animated slideshow  text block to top of my forum that displays some text messages for everyone. Something like this "trending" tab in kumar's site  http://www.cricketzone.in/index.php. Anyone have template? Please. tnx.
replies here might help => Display latest threads on index see also replies here
Hi! .m. I mean this  Smile

[Image: attachment.php?aid=34353]
^ first link has related guidance. you can wait for MadhanKumar's reply Smile
(2015-05-30, 06:07 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ first link has related guidance. you can wait for MadhanKumar's reply Smile

Wink  Thanks.
as .m. said the first link has the required details... the php file in this reply is the base on which i have done that scroll...

after installing that php file... put this into index template....

<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="4" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td width="10%" class="tickerhead">TRENDING</td>
<td width="90%" class="ticker">
<div class="marquee">{$latestthreads}</div>
</td></tr></table>

and this into global.css..... (you might want to change the css based on your forum and theme)

.ticker {
background: #2C2C2C url(images/tcat.png) top left repeat-x;
border: 2px solid #000;
text-align: center;
margin: 10px auto;
padding: 5px 20px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #FFFFFF;
border-radius: 0px 3px 3px 0px;
}

.tickerhead {
background: #0076C5 url(images/thead.png) top left repeat-x;
color: #FFFFFF;
text-align: center;
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 15px;
font-style: italic;
border-radius: 3px 0px 0px 3px;
}

td.ticker a {
color: #EEEEEE;
text-decoration: none;
}

td.ticker a:hover {
color: #A0A0A0;
text-decoration: none;
}

i am using jquery based marquee and you can get that jquery plugin from github.... there is an option to use a cdn as well, check the readme.md.... add the cdn link or the script into index or headerinclude template....
Thank you very much Kumar. It gives very nice look to my forum . Bye. Have a great day.  Smile