MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Very hard after many efforts browsing for 2 hours...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. all i want is to change the forum icons that are like gameboy at this site csgreek-gaming.com
I edited file path to sprite images but all it did is to decreasing the gameboy images and not replacing them with my sprite images.

I created a sprite see the attachment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But in the site i created it had also extra instructions:

Add this to css

/* Generated by http://css.spritegen.com CSS Sprite Generator */

.counterstrike, .icon-question
{ display: inline-block; background: url('png.png') no-repeat; overflow: hidden; text-indent: -9999px; text-align: left; }

.counterstrike { background-position: -0px -0px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.icon-question { background-position: -0px -128px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }

Your HTML

Use this to insert your sprite images.

<div class="counterstrike"></div>
<div class="icon-question"></div>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know where to insert these.Also i know that css should modified.

Coclusion i want that images i attached to do this:
Show kalasnijov icon when the forum is read.
and the cloud boy to show forum as unread.

I thought it was easy but too many things to do and many other instructions comes out.
just forget the css given by that website... upload the sprite with the name "forum_icon_sprite.png" inside the images folder (or wherever you like) and modify the css for the forum_status in global.css as follows and check....

.forum_status {
height: 60px;
width: 60px;
background: url(images/forum_icon_sprite.png) no-repeat 0 0;
display: inline-block;
}

.forum_on {
background-position: 0 -60px;
}

.forum_off {
background-position: 0 0;
}

NOTE: you might need to Hard Refresh (Ctrl+F5) the forum to see css changes...
If F5 doesn't help, try clearing your cache sometimes F5 doesn't do any good specially for me so then i have to clear my browser cache.
Ok thanks guys
(2015-05-30, 02:15 PM)Limited Edition Wrote: [ -> ]If F5 doesn't help, try clearing your cache sometimes F5 doesn't do any good specially for me so then i have to clear my browser cache.

I said "Ctrl+F5" and that actually refreshes the cache for that website alone... by clearing the browser cache you lose the cache for all websites.... so "Ctrl+F5" is always better...