MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Infraction Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'd like the ability to automatically create a thread in a specific forum whenever a warning / infraction is given like how this exists for VBulletin.

Title: Infraction for {username}
Author: {Moderator}
{username} has received a warning / infraction for [postlink] ( if available). 
Reason: {reason}
Could you expand on why you think this would be a worthwhile addition to MyBB 2.0?
I too would like to see this, along with the ability for reports to create threads in a defined forum.

This would provide a much better way to track and manage warnings/infractions/reports, and allow discussing them as a staff rather than requiring topics to be created manually for each instance.
Would this sit alongside a warning and reporting system similar to 1.x or replace it? I can kinda see the appeal of having those two functions outputting into topics in a forum but it wouldn't make sense to have that in addition to the more traditional warning and reporting system I don't think?
I'm not sure, it'd have to be an option I guess. The report centre in 1.8 is nice, it just doesn't make discussing reports particularly easy. Even here we sometimes have a few reports stacked up (like now) due to us needing to discuss them and the best course of action to take.
So perhaps if we just added some commenting functionality to the existing report centre and warning system then that would achieve the ability for staff to discuss these issues on one place?
Yep, that would achieve a similar result, but you might lose some of the ability to track historical reports and warnings that proper threads would provide (unless there was a way to review closed reports with filtering and search options added too).
(2015-05-30, 03:33 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that would achieve a similar result, but you might lose some of the ability to track historical reports and warnings that proper threads would provide (unless there was a way to review closed reports with filtering and search options added too).

Yeh, at which point you're just building a forum somewhere else I guess. I'd be interested to see what a technical implementation of this would look like. It means making a particular forum 'special' with alerts for new posts in that forum and perhaps pulling topic lists from that forum into a report centre too.

If we could do this nice a generically, it's the kind of thing that could give rise to a lot of cool uses in future and uses in extensions.
Yep, it'd require a fair bit of planning, though notifying of new posts/threads should be possible via the alerts system and forum subscriptions. Whether that would suffice is questionable however.

It's certainly something to think about, assuming others believe there would be a use for it.
I imagine the fid would be configurable to place these new threads in?
Pages: 1 2 3